When you have snow and a holiday combined in one, it is a perfect winter Monday in New England. But if you were thinking about sleeping in, the Monday morning brain teasers are still on simmer; waiting for you to test your knowledge. The true and false answers are in tomorrow’s blog – Tuesdays with Annie.
1) There are two times of the year when the actual average temperatures significantly differ in North America.
2) It is a good practice to remove accumulated snow from tree limbs.
3) The flower Zinnia symbolizes freedom and good perspective.
4) Rhubarb was introduced to growers in Massachusetts by an unnamed Maine gardener.
5) Asparagus can be harvested in its first planting season.
In the spirit of Martin Luther King Day, it is fitting to have his words be the inspirational thought for the day. “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” Check for the answers tomorrow and if you live in Massachusetts, don’t forget to vote.
BILOWZ ASSOCIATES INC. is an award winning landscape architectural design firm with a proven philosophy: "Creating Design with Harmony & Balance."
Our company blog, Annie's Gardening Corner, takes a sneak peek at how we balance our own love for everything green + a place to find inspiration, garden ideas and landscape design tips.
To browse our award winning landscape design portfolios, click on our company website at WWW.BILOWZASSOCIATES.COM
© 2009 Ann St. Jean-Bilowz/Bilowz Associates Inc. (including all photographs, unless otherwise noted in Annie's Gardening Corner are the property of Bilowz Associates Inc. and shall not be reproduced in any manner nor are they to be assigned to any third party without the expressed written permission and consent of Bilowz Associates Inc.)